I can’t believe it’s December already! I should, we’ve had snow on the ground since November. It looks like it “tis the season”, so it must be. Oh, Christmas! It is a special time of year, and hopefully we can all take the time to appreciate and celebrate the true meaning. And also remember the magical, childlike wonder of it all. I hope the kids have fun, too!
This project is all about the fun of the season. Holiday parties, the sparkles, the wonder, like I wonder what I should wear to the party? Like Chestnuts roasting on an open fire, Spanx hose nipping at your thighs. And then at some point, you remember to take a breath and realize it is all about family and friends. Strangers taking the time to smile and give a holiday greeting, or a little push, to get in front of you at the checkout. It’s all about being thankful, for our own unique family traditions, both old and new. And for all things sparkly!
So here is a Joyous Holiday wish from the Three Angel Sisters: Merry, Joyful and Triumphant. The girls are all decked out in their patchwork party dresses, They have on all their best sparklers to take them through this magical holiday season and beyond! They decided to go with full length dresses, so they could forego their Spanx. Off to the party, hoping their wishes come true, and that there be peace and joy all around the world! Oh, and there should be cake, too…
Imagine these festive Patchwork Sisters also festooned with hearts for Valentine’s Day, or flowers for the budding spring (which really is just around the corner and down the block… several blocks). They can be dressed for any special occasion (think Red, White and Blue with glitter and sequins for a jolly Independence Day!).
Curious Angels #3
Collage Sheets (printed or download): 301; 190; 210; 188; 055; 236; 190; 205;
Hybrid Images (download, only): Dots!; Geometric 17; Geometric 17b; Geometric 18;
Find all the goodies from PaperWhimsy HERE
Inca Gold Old Silver
Rusted thin wire
Coffee stir sticks (an excuse to get a cappuccino at your favorite Starbucks!)
Modpodge; E6000; craft glue
1) I started by picking out all the beautiful PaperWhimsy papers for the dresses. I decided on which beautiful faces to use, I ended up with an older sister and a set of identical twins. Who knew? The twins ended up being the kind that DO NOT LIKE to dress the same, hence the many papers I happily used.
2) I painted the forms and wings with Inca Gold paint. Let dry.
3) I used a clipper to make the arms the sisters needed to hold what I decided was their Judith Leiber Holiday Tree Clutches (just big enough for a lipstick and breath mints). Anyway, I then painted the arms and set them aside to dry. Who knew all those extra wooden coffee stir sticks would be used for so many things?
4) I printed (but you can purchase already printed sheets) and then picked out PaperWhimsy papers working from the bottom to the top, cutting or tearing strips of paper to layer the the gowns. I love to make a beautiful mess on my table, taking side trips on what else I can use all these beautiful papers on! Kid in a candy store!! Anyway, I used ModPodge glue to “do” their faces, and gowns.
5) As dresses were drying, I used a Dremel tool to drill small holes in the wings, and then after doing a short happy dance because I did not drill into my fingers, I attached the thin rusted wire (you can also use ribbon) to the wings so my angels could hang. I glued the girls’ wings on using E6000 (Aleene’s Tacky also works well for this).
6) While that was drying I gave each girl a signature color with glitter! One twin went old school red, the other a dreamy blue and big sis went with the ever popular holiday green. Use E6000 or Tacky for this step as well.
7) And what says “holiday” more than something monogrammed, so each girl is happily sporting their names on their dresses, And their faces are trimmed with their colors, and attached with craft glue.
So, the girls are ready for the holidays, whether it be Christmas as my Patchwork Sisters are; or it could be Valentine’s Day or Spring/Easter or any holiday your heart desires!
My wish to everyone is that you have the happiest season of Joyful, Merry and Triumphant holidays! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, everyone!